The TC Beirne School of Law at the University of Queensland is offering scholarships for outstanding international students seeking admission into a coursework masters programs in law—the Master of Laws (LLM), the Master of International Law (MIL), the Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) or the undergraduate Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/(LLB (Hons)), the dual degree programs that include the LLB (Hons).
This scholarship is offered for students commencing in Semester 1 and Semester 2. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 1 is 15 October.
These competitive scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law. High achieving students are encouraged to apply. Students who are shortlisted for consideration may be required to participate in a Skype interview. Decisions will be made as soon as possible after the closing date. This is a separate process to your application for a place at the University.
A law degree is not a prerequisite of entry into either the MIL or the MICLaw.
Table of Contents
15th October 2022.
All countries except Australia.
Scholarship Study Location
University of Queensland, Australia.
Undergraduate and Graduate studies.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
For Undergraduate Studies
- International students who have applied for the undergraduate program in law and who have not yet commenced at UQ.
- Students must not simultaneously hold a similar scholarship.
For Graduate Studies
- are an international student
- have applied for a place in postgraduate study or are enrolled at UQ and wish to commence postgraduate law studies
- choose to study one of the following programs from either Master of Law, Master of International Law (including duel programs) or Master of International Commeriial Law (including duel programs)
- do not hold another scholarship that the Head considers to be similar.
Number of Scholarships
Two applicants would be awarded from the undergraduate category while four would receive the award from the Masters category.
Value of Scholarship
For Undergradute Studies
Two scholarships are on offer. One scholarship covering 25% of the tuition fees and, one scholarship will cover 50% of the tuition fees, for LAWS courses undertaken towards the approved law program. The scholarships do not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.
For Graduate Studies
Four scholarships are on offer; two scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees and two scholarships covering 25% of the tuition fees for courses undertaken towards the Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL) or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship does not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.
Duration of the programme
You can apply online using the applicationThe form will take at least 20 minutes to complete.
- your CV
- academic transcripts
- 2 reference letters.
You’ll also need to tell us about:
- why you want to study law and your aspirations in this field
- your personal qualities, which may include: evidence of leadership potential, community involvement, cultural or sporting achievement or anything else you consider relevant
- your financial need or hardship
- other scholarships you have applied for.
You can save your progress and resume your application at any time.