The Queen Elizabeth Scholars (QES) program has funded Netlinks, a McGill University-University of Ghana-Universite Joseph ki-ZERBO to strengthen the capacity of researchers who work with farmers, entrepreneurs, and community leaders, and local institutions to develop solutions to agriculture and food and nutrition security. We seek to improve especially the lives of adolescent girls and women farmers in rural Ghana through expanding knowledge and skills and improving access to services and markets.
Cross-cutting research issues will include but not be limited to
(i) the quality of production of small-scale women farmers working in the area of high-value animal products and other agricultural commodities,
(ii) farmers’ association(s) and cooperatives to support women farmers and facilitate access to agriculture and financial services and development of small businesses,
(iii) adolescent girls and young women’s knowledge and skills needed to become successful agriculture-related entrepreneurs; and
(iv) institutional collaborations to provide services and support for adolescent girls and women’s nutrition, development, and income generation potential.
Table of Contents
- 30th August 2022 – for West African applicants
- 15th September 2022 – for Canadian applicants
Canada & West African countries
Scholarship Study Location
Ghana & Canada
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
Three types of applicants are being recruited:
- Doctoral researcher: an individual conducting research at the Ph.D. level.
- Post-doctoral fellow: an individual who is conducting research after the completion of their doctoral studies.
- Early career researcher: an individual who has completed independent research for 4-7 years or is in a tenure-track position at a degree-granting institution. An equivalent to a tenure-track position in Ghana is a Lecturer or Research Fellow who has previously done a post-doc.
- Doctoral researchers and Post-doctoral fellows must be either Canadian or citizens of eligible Sub-Saharan LMIC
- All early career researchers must be citizens of eligible Sub-Saharan LMIC
Number of Scholarships
Value of Scholarship
All expenses are catered for.
5 weeks (Program is expected to begin in late January 2023)
Visit the award page below to read more about the programme and follow the application button to apply.