The MTN Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) management structure for the MTN Group’s related initiatives across its 22 operations.
The MTN Ghana Foundation was established in 2007 as a single-purpose vehicle to drive all MTN’s CSR initiatives in the country. The Foundation currently has three focus areas – Health, Education and Economic Empowerment. The Foundation is set up as a separate legal entity with its own independent Board of Directors and Patrons who oversee the operations of the Foundation. Its commitment is centred around the socio-economic development of the country through the rollout of appropriate and sustainable social interventions in communities all over the country.
The main aim of the Foundation is to have a broad community impacting and supporting national and international development priorities. It facilitates partnership and sharing of resources to achieve mutual objectives.
For about two decades, the MTN scholarship foundation has been awarding various sponsorship programmes to thousands of well-deserving across the African continent. Now Ghanaian youths are been supported by MTN Ghana Foundation to pursue various courses at different levels of education in Ghana through the Scholarship scheme.
Table of Contents
July 4, 2022.
Only Ghanaians can apply for the MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarships 2020. You must come from any of the 16 Regions of Ghana to be eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
These 16 regions in Ghana include Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Koforidua, Wa, Ho, Sunyani, Tamale, and Bolgatanga. If you’re a Student from these regions, you’re welcome to apply Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Scholarship Study Location
The Scholarship is designed for Year 1 Undergraduate Students and Continuing education Students at any Public Higher Institution in Ghana. Applicants are allowed to pursue any course of their choice.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
To be eligible, one:
- Must be a first-year or continuing student pursuing a first degree at any Ghanaian public tertiary institution or pursuing vocational and technical skills training.
- Must be Ghanaian, brilliant but needy.
- Must be of good conduct, hardworking, and have excellent academic results. Being involved in extra-curricular activities as a continuing student is a plus.
- Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issues and must not be serving a bond to be of good behaviour.
Please note that:
- Applying is completely FREE!
- An applicant who enjoys any other form of educational scholarship should not apply.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial intelligence and data analytics.
- Women and Persons with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to applicants who lived and attended school in Bono East, Ahafo region, Savannah region, North East region, Western North region, and Oti region.
Number of Scholarships
Several, but undisclosed. Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial intelligence and data analytics.
Value of Scholarship
The MTN Ghana Scholarship covers the cost of Tuition, Accommodation, Research devices and Stipend for reading materials.
The scholarship is expected to cover the entire duration of studies.
- Apply online via the web portal.
- Provide a one-page letter of motivation, including your educational and professional goals.
- Submit the application together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.