Recognizing outstanding students supporting the LGBTQIA+ communities, the University of Utah has established the LGBT Resource Center Scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
Incoming and freshmen domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Any desired undergraduate or graduate degree program should be applied to at Utah to be considered for this grant, i.e., worth up to $3,500.
Table of Contents
February 22, 2022.
All Countries (International Students) including the United States of America (local students).
Scholarship Study Location
University of Utah, USA.
Undergraduate, Postgraduate Studies.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled University of Utah student (undergraduate or graduate)?OR incoming student who has completed at least one semester at another university or college.
Number of Scholarships
Several, not specified.
Value of Scholarship
The University of Utah will provide the selected students $2,000-$3,500 towards a study program, undergraduate or graduate of their choice.
For the entire programme duration as long as recipients maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.0 for the study period.
Students will be assessed for this scholarship on the basis of their admission application, which is to be made on the official application portal of the university.
They are also to answer the following questions (250 words or less per answer):
- In what ways do you currently support the LGBTQIA+ community? What efforts do you plan to begin or expand in the future? Please reference any involvement you are already doing in this regard, including activism, volunteering, academic work, art or cultural work, support of others, self-preservation, etc.
- What is your current educational plan (major, minor, future career, etc.) and what are you doing to ensure you are successful in this plan as a student?
- What would receiving this scholarship mean to you? How would it help you achieve your goals?
- Anything else you want the committee to consider when reviewing your application.