Julius Berger Nigeria Plc. (JBN) is Nigeria’s number-one construction company. Over the years, the strategic engineering company has been responsible for accomplishing complex infrastructural projects for persons and cooperative bodies across the country. One of the biggest accomplishments of the company is the design and construction of the renowned third mainland bridge that connects Lagos Island to the Mainland.
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and in fulfilment of its commitment to driving enhancement and capacity building within the Education and Human Capital Development sector of Nigeria, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc. (JBN) is awarding scholarships to qualified female engineering students in public universities across the country.
Eligible female students are welcome to apply for this scholarship through Scholastica. Scholastica is the platform where the application submission and collation would be taking place.
Table of Contents
The deadline for the Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Scholarships for Female Students to study in State or Federal Universities in Nigeria is 5th December 2022.
Nationals of Nigerian Descent are eligible to apply for the Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Scholarships for Female Students to study in State or Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Scholarship Study Location
The Study Location for the Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Scholarships for Female Students is State or Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
To be eligible for the Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Scholarships for Female Nigerian Students, applicants are expected to:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Be a female
- Be in a Federal or State Owned University based in Nigeria
- Be in the Faculty of Engineering
- Currently, in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian Federal or State University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
N.B: Children and wards of Julius Berger Group employees are exempted from this scholarship scheme.
Number of Scholarships
The number of Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Scholarships for Female Nigerian Students is undisclosed by awarding body. Though we expect Julius Berger Nigeria Plc to award numerous scholarships to a reasonable number of applicants.
Value of Scholarship
The award value for the Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Scholarships for Female Nigerian Students is not disclosed by either Julius Berger Nigeria Plc or Scholastica.
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic/ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
1. Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
2. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/JBN
3. Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
4. Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Academic results for 100 level
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/JBN to return to the Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, and other information and upload the required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- When asked to upload a photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and an SMS that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with your Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres at www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship Organization