The GKS (Global Korea Summer Scholarship) for African and Latin American Undergraduate Students is for outstanding undergraduate students from Latin America and Africa to apply for this training program designed to provide in-depth academic training and invaluable experience in Korea.
The program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and to the friendship between Korea and their home country.
Table of Contents
Specific deadlines will vary according to the training institution (Usually April)
African and Latin American countries
Scholarship Study Location
Undergraduate, Short Courses
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- Be a citizen of an African or Latin American country
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in the second to the fourth year at a university/college located in an African or Latin American country
- Be fluent in English but priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
- Be mentally and physically healthy
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
Number of Scholarships
80 undergraduate students in total (40 from Africa, 40 from Latin America)
Value of Scholarship
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round-trip air tickets, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveller’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fares in his/her country, visa fees, etc.
July – August (5 weeks)
Interested candidate should contact their preferred universities/training institutions to apply for this scholarship.