The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Ministry of Education invites Nigerian students who are currently enrolled in a University or College of Education within the country to apply for its Bursary Award. This notice comes via what looks like a memo on the the scholarship page of the Ministry of Education’s website signed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education in person of Andrew, David Adejo.
It is certain that the bursary supports those studying education courses in federal and state universities and colleges of education, but it is not disclosed whether or not students in private universities and colleges are eligible to apply. Howbeit, you are encouraged to apply as long as you are a university or college of education student within Nigeria. This scholarship does not appeal to students of Polytechnic Institutions in Nigeria. It is strictly for faculties of education and colleges of education students.
21st October 2022.
Scholarship Study Location
Colleges of Education & Universities in Nigeria.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Applicants studying Education in Nigerian Colleges of Education and Universities.
- Applicants must be full-time students.
Number of Scholarships
Value of Scholarship
This scholarship would be disbursed in cash to successful applicants.
It is not disclosed yet whether it is a one-off payment or a recurring payment and there is no duration slated on the advert notice. Applicants would be informed of the disbursement duration and method if they are successful.
- Complete form online
- Submit and print a copy
- Attach photocopies of the following documents:
- Letter of Admission
- Current school’s identity card.
- Eligible candidates are advised to make only one entry as multiple entries will disqualify the applicants.
- All applicants (physically challenged inclusive) must be in their first year or above.
- A beneficiary of any scholarship is not eligible.
For further enquiries, please visit www.education.gov.ng or call 08035937427, 09124516750.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!