Nigerian students who have completed six (6) years of academic studies in a secondary school within the country and have graduated with a WAEC Certificate with a minimum of seven (7) distinctions (A & B grades) are invited to apply for the Federal Government Bilateral Scholarship with other countries. Those who have also graduated from tertiary institutions with first class or second class upper are also invited to apply for the postgraduate scholarship programme.
31st of January, 2022.
Applicants must be of Nigerian Heritage.
Scholarship Study Location
Countries participating in the Bi-lateral scholarship programme:
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary and Egypt;
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies (Masters Degree & PhD)
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
1. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2020 & 2021) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2021) only. The age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
2. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Number of Scholarships
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
For the entire study period.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Click the apply now button below.
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online.
- Print the completed Application Form.
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigine letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened 18th November 2021 to close 15th January 2022. Complete the application form online,
- All applicants for the Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload the following certificates online
[penci_button link=”https://fsbn.com.ng/scholarships” icon=”” icon_position=”left” size=”large”]AWARD PAGE[/penci_button] [penci_button link=”https://fsbn.com.ng/applicants/auth/register” icon=”” icon_position=”left” size=”large”]APPLY NOW[/penci_button]