The Collaborative Training and Research in Fisheries and Aquaculture in East, Southern and Central Africa CoTRA is calling for applications by eligible African students for MSc. and PhD scholarships tenable at Rhodes University (South Africa), University of Eldoret (Kenya) and Mzuzu University (Malawi).
Under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, the EU provided funding to strengthen training and research in African universities (1st November 2017 until 31st October 2023). In this mobility programme, five African partner institutions and one EU Technical partner embarked on training of professionals to achieve sustainable fisheries management and aquaculture resources for increased fish production and enhanced food and nutritional security, and hence, improved livelihood and household revenue. The programme is now ready to support the training of Academic and Administrative Staff in the various partner institutions namely: Makerere University (Uganda), Rhodes University (South Africa), Mzuzu University (Malawi), Official University of Bukavu (Congo) and University of Eldoret (Kenya). The Collaborative training in fisheries and aquaculture in East, Central and Southern Africa (COTRA) Project has opened the call for applications from qualified Academic and Administrative Staff for the available positions indicated in Tables 1 and 2 in the advert before 29th September 2022 (23:59 HRS East African Time).
Table of Contents
29th September 2022 (23:59 HRS East African Time).
African Countries that are Member-States of the African Union.
Scholarship Study Location
Makerere University (Uganda), Rhodes University (South Africa), Mzuzu University (Malawi), Official University of Bukavu (Congo) and University of Eldoret (Kenya)
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
To be eligible for support from COTRA, applicants must:
- Be a national of an African Union member state and resident in Africa at the time of application
- A staff of one of the partner institutions
- Must be prepared to move from home country to another country where COTRA has a partner institution
- Females and candidates with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must submit fully-filled scholarship application forms which are available on the programme website– http://cotraintra-africa.org/year-five-application-intra-africa-academic-mobility-call-scholarships-year-202223
- The application form can be accessed directly through – http://cotraintra-africa.org/sites/default/files/downloads/year_five/COTRA%20Application%20for%20Staff%20Mobility%20%281%29.pdf
- Applications must be received by the host and home institutions through the Country coordinator – see Tables 1 and 2 or find details at http://www.cotraintra-africa.org/contacts with a copy to email@example.com by 29th September 2022.
Number of Scholarships
Value of Scholarship
- Research cost
- Travel and visa costs
- Living costs and insurance
- Family responsibility allowance for female scholarship holders
2 years and 3 years for Masters and PhD scholarships respectively
Applicants must submit fully-filled scholarship application forms which are available on the programme website online through email provided in the application download