London South Bank University was founded in 1892 as the Borough Polytechnic Institute. LSBU is a public university in Elephant and Castle, London. LSBU’s vision is to transform lives, communities, businesses, and society through applied education and insight. Times Higher Education ranks London South Bank University at 801 in World University Rankings.
London South Bank University is pleased to introduce its Chancerygate Foundation Bursary for African and Caribbean students for the academic year 2022-2023. New and existing international students are eligible to apply to the programme.
This bursary opportunity is open to applicants who identify as being from an African and Caribbean heritage background, aiming to study specific undergraduate surveying courses that lead to Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation. It will encourage qualifying students to break barriers and build long-term careers within the property industry.
Table of Contents
Applications must be received by 24 August 2022 at 12:00 pm (noon) UK time.
African & Caribbean Students.
Scholarship Study Location
London South Bank University, United Kingdom
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You identify as being from an African and Caribbean heritage background.
- Your household income is less than £25k per annum.
- You will be under the age of 26 when you start the course.
- You are the first generation in your family to progress to higher education.
- You identify yourself as being disabled or having a specific learning difference.
- You have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in care, or are estranged from your family.
- Social services recognize you as a young adult career.
- You are entering Higher Education with a BTEC as your main qualification.
- You are a mature student (aged 21 years or over on 1 September before you start your course) who does not currently hold a bachelor’s degree.
Number of Scholarships
Value of Scholarship
- Student beneficiaries will receive £10,000 per year for living expenses and access to real work experience opportunities in the industry.
- For students on a multi-year degree course, the bursary will be paid during each year of study, with the exception of students undertaking a placement year.
- Bursary recipients will receive their bursary in two equal instalments of £5,000.
The bursary would be paid every year in two instalments of £5,000. Continued receipt of the Bursary is conditional on students progressing to their next year of study
Aspirants must have to enrol in the LSBU Online Application System at the university. International undergraduate students can apply via UCAS. After that, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.