The Australian Catholic University offers scholarships to international students to study for undergraduate or postgraduate programs in Australia for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Up to 20 scholarships will be available to students and each scholarship will last for the duration of the recipients’ courses, subject to satisfactory academic performance. The scholarship rewards students based on academic merit. For this reason, you must have achieved at least an average result of 80% in prior studies for your application to be considered. This average can only be calculated from studies done in the past two years
Up to two Higher Degree by Research scholarships equivalent to the fees and stipend for recipients enrolling in a Masters by Research or Doctoral course of study will also be offered.
Table of Contents
30th September 2022 11:59 PM (AEST)
All Countries except Australia
Scholarship Study Location
Undergraduate, Masters & Doctoral Studies
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- Citizenship: international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU degree (excluding pathway /Diploma/Graduate Certificate courses)
- Campus: any
- Year level: first year
- Required study load: full-time
- You must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate program at ACU, commencing in Semester 1 2023
- You must have achieved results of at least 80% (equivalent to a GPA of 5.8 on the ACU 7 point scale) in previous study completed within the last two years (undergraduate applicants) or four years (postgraduate applicants)
- You must be applying for an ACU program that is an equal or higher level of study than the currently held qualifications
- You must not be receiving any other ACU scholarship or award
- You must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
Selection Criteria: Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic merit
Selection Process: The recipients will be selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Executive Director, International, the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or nominee), the Dean of Graduate Studies, the Associate Director, International Admissions and Student Relations and the Associate Director, International Marketing and Recruitment. Further, the Selection Committee may give consideration to:
- The diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled (including across a spread of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and research programs and campuses);
- In the case of applicants undertaking research degrees, the alignment of the applicant’s intended research with the research strengths of the University.
Number of Scholarships
About 22 Awardees ( Twenty Scholarships for degree studies and two research scholarships)
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship will cover half of the full-time fees for the minimum duration of your course (inclusive of RPL/Credit).
The scholarship is for the entire study duration of awardees’ programme of choice.
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Evidence of academic merit, showing achievement of an average of at least 80% across the applicant’s most recent study.
- Academic records must include original language documents, translations (where applicable) and official explanation of grading system.