ABE Initiative Masters Scholarship & Internship Program: The “African Business Education Initiative for Youth (hereafter, referred to as the “ABE Initiative”), has provided up to 1,000 youths in Africa with opportunities to study at Japanese universities as well as do internships at Japanese enterprises.
The ABE Initiative aims at fostering leaders with proven ability to contribute towards Africa’s development in collaboration with the Japanese private sector. JICA is looking for prominent young African nationals who are or anticipating to be involved in industrial development activities in both public and private sectors, and who have strong motivation to strengthen economic ties between South Africa and Japan.
Table of Contents
7th October 2022
All African Countries
Scholarship Study Location
Graduate Studies (Masters) & Internship
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Be citizens of an African countries
- Be less than 40 (as of 1 April 2023)
- Have some work experience
- Have good health condition, both physically and mentally, to complete the program
- Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 or above
- Minimum average of 65% score in academic transcript Have good understanding of the ABE Initiative’s objectives
- Have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication.
Number of Scholarships
Up to 1000 awards.
Value of Scholarship
The program provides African youths with opportunities to study at Japanese universities and to work at Japanese enterprises.
Up to two and half years will be allocated for a Master’s Degree.
- A-3. 2023 Application Form for ABE Initiative (includes Annex1&3) (Excel/316KB)
- A-5. Annex.2 Details of Current and Previous Work, Research Plan and Career Plan after Graduation (Word/22.0KB)
- C-4. Application Form_Cover (ABE, SDGs) (Japanese) (PDF/153KB)
- C-5. Example of Application Form (PDF/916KB)
The subject of the email should be as follows : “[ABE Initiative FY2023] Submission of Application”
* No late application will be accepted.